Sunday, September 11, 2011

Arrival



The time has come, I am in Macedonia, me and all the stuff I have packed. It's great so far. I have been able to rest this afternoon and got in a two hour nap. Tomorrow we get started right off the bat with language lessons and safety information. I have already pulled together a group of people for a quick run in the morning, mission accomplished. Above is a picture of the brand new airport that just opened a few days ago.

When we arrived we were told that we are part of a very important time: It's the 50th anniversary for the Peace Corps, the 15th anniversary of PC in Macedonia, and the 20th anniversary of Macedonia's independence. So lots of reasons to celebrate this year.

I remember some one asking me what side of the road people drive on. Well, inquiring minds can rest easy, it's the same side as America.

Since I've been here we've basically just ate lunch and then dinner, they had a time where we could ask current two year volunteers any questions that were on our minds and now some people have waked into town, others (like me) are online, and there is a group outside in one of the cabanas playing cards.

Well, that's all the info I can squeeze out of my brain for the time being.

I love and miss you all so much!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you arrived safely! Good luck with your language class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job documenting so far! Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. Here's hoping Skype works better tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete